Care Quality Commission, 2012
This review looked at the support available for families with children that have a disability.
This review focused on families that have children under the age of 19 with:
- a learning disability
- autism or Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- communication needs
- sensory needs
- mental health and behavioural support
- mobility needs
- technology dependence
In particular, this review looked at:
- The availability of specialist health services for disabled children and young people and their families.
- An assessment of the quality of support in a geographical area linked to primary care trusts (PCTs).
- The 'building blocks' of the care pathway that are of particular importance to families.
See Jim Kennedy's blog for further comment.