London-based disability arts group Shape will be running 2 youth employment conferences next month, looking at equality and disability in the workforce.
The conferences, which will take place on consecutive days in different boroughs, will provide information to job hunters and employers about the challenges facing young people with learning disabilities in gaining access to the job market. All attendees will be eligible for free disability equality training. Attendees will also:
- Get up-to-date information on the new Equality Law and implications for employers
- Get to ask an expert panel for advice on issues regarding diversity and equality in the workplace.
- Learn how to recruit young disabled people
- Hear first hand from young people with learning disabilities about the barriers they face and the support they need.
The conferences will take place on:
- • March 2, Tower Hamlets, Rich Mix, Bethnal Green Road E1 6LA
- • March 3, Wandsworth, Battersea Arts Centre, Lavender Hill SW11.
Both events will run from 8:30am - 2.30pm. To book a place call Kirsty Buck at Shape on 020 7424 7353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org