University of Glamorgan, 2013
This three year participatory research project has been a collaborative venture between the University of Glamorgan, Rhondda Cynon People First and New Pathway. The idea for the research came from people with learning disabilities and they have been actively involved at all stages of the research process.
The aims of the project were to:
- Develop better ways for people with learning disabilities to find support after being abused and to prevent abuse
- Develop more detailed information on how participatory research works for all concerned
- Disseminate research findings to people with learning disabilities and professionals
The specific research questions were:
- What do people with learning disabilities understand by abuse?
- What are their views about abuse?
- What help and support do they need to keep safe?
- When someone has been abused what are the best ways to help?
See Jim Kennedy's blog for summary and comment.